The Two Sides of The Coin
The Two Sides of the Coin is a book and podcast about the history of the Left/Right Split. I will make an attempt to keep the work as short and concise as possible.
I will publish each chapter of the work on the social media site PeakD. PeakD is on the HIVE Blockchain. It gives HIVE has a reward for posts.
If you aren't using HIVE, you can leave comments about the piece on my blogspot blog. If you contact me, I might be able to get you an account on HIVE.
Proof of Brain Posts
I decided to accept the monthly challnge from HiveBuzz and will publish a post a day. I hope to reassemble these posts for the Two Sides of the Coin Project. This is a list of articles that appear on Proof of Brain. Note, I am earning a cyber token called POB for the posts. The amount earn will help offset the cost of this and other web sites.
- I decided to start with a a piece on Machiavelli as this lets me segue into a discussion of the politics of division and the Protestant Reformation.
- The second piece looked at role of the Medici in the collapse of the Florentine Republic and the escalation of violence in the Reformation.
- My third piece questioned if the Ptolemaic tradition is in conflict with Copernicus as we are taught in school. They are simply different perspectives of the same thing.
- I took a side stem to talk about the role of the Liberal Arts Tradition in the Renaissance. This is the really hard part of this series.
- I wrote a piece to discuss the role of the monarchy in the slave trade. The slave trade was not created by the American people, it was created by European monarchs who were seeking a quick way to take control of territory.
- My argument that the left and right came from the same place starts the The Act of Settlement of 1701. This piece of legislation gave the crown to King George III of Hanover. King George was German. The Hanoverian Kings, in conjunction with the King of Prussia, financed the creation of the ideology that we know call "progressivism"
- My post from last night title From the Teutonic Knights to Kindergarten discusses the political history of Prussia and the creation of the public education system. This system was designed to turn out a uniform fighting force by grinding students through a graduated scale of 12 grades offering primary and secondary education. The top students would grind through four years of college with the best students receiving Master and pHD degrees.
This will be the primary index for the project.
- The Introduction introduces the thesis that both sides of the partisan divide came from advocates of the monarchy and introduces that the metaphor that the two sides of a coin are made of the same metal.