A Look at Tag Spam
The blockchain platforms of Hive and SteemIt appear to be suffering from a problem called "tag spam."
HIVE rewards posts with a cryptocurrency called HIVE. HIVE includes a number of "tribes" which supplement the HIVE rewards with additional tokens. For example LeoFinance will give out rewards on posts about cryptocurrency with the tag #LEO. Proof Of Brain drops rewards for posts with the tag #POB, etc. PhotoStreem, on STEEM, gives rewards with the tag #PHOTO"
Index to the Articles
I will write multiple articles about Tag Spam.
- The first article on PhotoStreem is about the image I created for the series. This article asks if using the same image on multiple posts is spam, or is it good practice. I think it is good practice.
- My post on LeoFinance discusses the consequences and the solution for tag spam.
- My post on blogtoken discusses the issue from the point of view of a blogger. Is it better to spam the tags or to write original content for each tribe?
- I wrote a post about the proper way to present a topic on multiple platforms on my Blogspot web sites.
- I republished the picture on tumblr just to go overboard.
- To make the point that publishing multiple articles is better than tag spam, I also published about tag spam blurt
- This is a satirical article on LeoFinance in which I contemplate engaging in tag spam.