In the Link Development essay I argue that, if we want to maintain an internet flush with indepdent development, people need to link to such projects.
Unfortunately, there is a huge turnover on the web; So, while it is easy to put together a link page, the link pages we create tend to become stale and full of broken link.
So, what I did was to buy a web site (iRivers.com) that I use just for linking. These are the sections of Internet Rivers that PHP programmers might find interesting:
- PHP lists programming references and tutorials for PHP.
- HTML5 lists tutorials and resources to help you upgrade to HTML 5.
- SVG lists tutorials and resources for SVG programming.
- Web Hosting lists links for web hosts
- Domains lists links related to buying and selling of domains.
The Community Color directories list independent directories for select towns in the Mountain West. Through the years, I've added some 50,000 links to this directory structure. I've pulled about 20,000 broken links. If you know of a great PHP related site let me know.